24 x 7

All Days

Cheam, Sutton

Greater London SM2 7JS

+ 44 0208 224 2134


Compare Listings



Building insurance is the financial coverage that protects you against financial risks caused due to a loss or damage to your property. Building insurance varies as per the insurance needs of homeowners, landlords and business owners. The insurance coverage protects against the loss caused by natural disasters, or damages due to some other reasons.
The definitions and purpose of various types of buildings insurance are generally the same and covers the actual structure, foundations, walls, floors, roof, windows, plumbing, electrical fixtures, decoration and permanent fittings.
Buildings insurance may also cover fitted kitchen units, fitted bedroom furniture, toilets and bathrooms, depending upon your insurance plan. Generally, all fixtures inside the building are circumscribed within the building insurance coverage.
There are different types of building insurance which dependents on the type of construction and the actual use of the building. However, the core coverage areas are generally the same for all types of building insurance.

Rent Guarantee Insurance

Rent Guarantee Insurance will protect you with a financial coverage if your tenant fails to pay the rent. Most Landlords strive to ensure that they let their properties to trusted tenants, who will pay the rent on time. However, certain unforeseen situation might make it impossible for the tenant to pay the monthly rent. If a tenant falls behind on their rental payments, it could bring serious financial implications for you, especially if you have mortgage commitments on your property.


Excess is the amount that you are required to pay in the event of a claim, with any kind of insurance policy. The excess amount can either be null or may constitute an amount depending on your insurance policy.
Generally, excess is to be paid as a compulsory payment in advance when making a claim related to any of the following:
  • Claiming on tenant(s) when rent is overdue,
  • Home breakdown (including boilers, heating or fixtures)
  • Fire, flood, theft, accident, subsidence, or any other disaster


Landlord Insurance

The Landlords insurance is an insurance policy that provides financial coverage to a property owner against any financial losses related to their rental properties. The policy provides coverage to the building, with an optional insurance for the contents inside the property that belong to the landlord. The Landlords insurance is often referred to as buy-to-let insurance. However, the buy-to-let insurance is a type of landlord’s insurance and there is an essential difference between the two.
It is important to understand that buy-to-let insurance generally covers one property that has been purchased with a buy-to-let mortgage. Whereas the multi-property insurance, covers two or more properties.
Landlord insurance is different from landlord’s emergency cover. The policy will normally cover standard perils such as fire, lightning, explosion, earthquake, storm, flood, fluid spills, subsidence, theft and malicious damage. Each insurance policy is different and may or may not cover all these features.
Optional coverage might include accidental damage, malicious damage by tenant, terrorism, legal protection, alternative accommodation costs, content insurance, rent guarantee insurance, and liability insurance.
Landlords insurance policies typically do not cover any personal property belonging to the tenant, or protect the interest of tenants. However, a liability policy protecting a landlord or property manager will be of benefit to tenants should they incur a loss for which the landlord is responsible.

Content Insurance

Content insurance provides you financial security against the loss or damage to an individual’s possessions while they are located within that individual’s home. Some contents insurance policies also provide restricted coverage for personal possessions temporarily taken away from the home by the policyholder.